# Why Did Facebook Lose $1...
- Author: [[@geeksiddhant on Twitter]]
- Full Title: Why Did Facebook Lose $1...
- Category: #tweets
- URL: https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490398554124595200
- Why did Facebook lose $10 billion?
Why did Brave stop its reward system on iOS?
Why were Coinbase and several other apps forced to remove support for decentralized applications for its Apple users?
Answers 👇 ([View Tweet](https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490398554124595200))
- 1. In April 2021, Apple enabled iPhone users to choose which apps are allowed to track their behaviour across other apps. As a result, the vast majority of users opted out which Meta CFO David Wehner said is hurting Facebook's ad revenue. ([View Tweet](https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490399730991792128))
- 2. Brave Rewards is built on the Basic Attention Token (BAT) and is a new way to value attention, connecting users, content creators, and advertisers. Users are rewarded in BAT with 70% of the ad revenue share of the privacy-preserving ads they opt into viewing. ([View Tweet](https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490401177670135808))
- With the release of iOS 14, Apple told Brave that the Brave Rewards system was not compliant with App Store guidelines 3.1.1 and 3.2.2. The 3.1.1 rule prevents apps from giving a tip to a person unless what's provided is purchased through in-app purchases. ([View Tweet](https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490401540678754304))
- while the 3.2.2 rule prevents "tasks for cash." Brave's developers say that this guideline is aimed at preventing apps from asking users to give 5-star ratings in return for points and that Apple has likened the opt-in viewing of Brave Ads as tasks for cash. ([View Tweet](https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490401683712917504))
- 3. Coinbase is removing decentralized application interaction from their mobile wallet, due to pressure from Apple.
Web3 is in direct competition with Google & Apple. We should expect continued censorship on MetaMask, Coinbase, & other dapp browsers.
!(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FK75NYjagAATr2L.jpg) ([View Tweet](https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490402699401400320))
- The capitalist world economy takes the form of an iceberg. The most studied part which appears
above the surface is supported by a huge underlying structure that is out of sight. Unlike the
iceberg, the world economy is a dynamic system based on flows of value from the underside ([View Tweet](https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490407081677291520))
- toward the top. These include drains of surplus (expropriated value) that take two forms: visible
monetarized flows of bright value and hidden un(der)costed flows that carry dark value (the
unrecorded value of cheap labour, labour reproduction and ecological externalities). ([View Tweet](https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490407222492688387))
- Apple has retained the title of the world's most valuable brand in 2022, with a valuation of a whopping $355.1 billion (roughly Rs. 26,72,600 crore) which is almost double of India's GDP (US$1.81 trillion) for FY 2020-21. ([View Tweet](https://twitter.com/geeksiddhant/status/1490411647101734912))